Below is a range of resources that may assist people working in and managing education and care services in NSW.
- Education and Care Services National Law | PDF download
- Education and Care Services Regulations | PDF download
- Regulation for Out of Scope Services
- Child Care Service Handbook | Go to webpage
Health and Safety Resources
- Health & Safety in Children's Centres. Model Policies and Practices | PDF download
- Health & Safety in Family Day Care. Model Policies and Practices | PDF download
- NSW Public Health Units
- Dietary Guide for Children | Download Food for Health poster | Download Dietary Guide
- Get Up and Grow
- Ambulance Service of NSW CPR Chart | Download PDF
- WorkCover NSW's Community Services Safety Pack | Download PDF
- Staying Healthy in Education and Care Services 5th Edition | Download PDF
- Anaphylaxis guidelines for Children’s Services | Download PDF
- Current Immunisation Schedule
Service Management Resources
- Children’s Services Award 2010 | Go to the weblink
- Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010 | Go to the weblink
- ATO endorsement as a charitable organisation information | Go to the weblink
- Insurance exemption from duty – Application Form | Download PDF
- Early Childhood Australia’s Code of Ethics
- NSW Curriculum Framework | Download PDF
- Early Years Learning Framework | Download PDF
- Community Child Care’s business plan proforma | Download Word document
National Quality Framework Resources
- A full range of National Quality Framework resources can be found here.
These links provide resources that may be useful for those working in education and care services.
Children's Services Peak and/or Resource Organisations
- Early Childhood Australia | Early Childhood Australia works with Government, early childhood professionals, parents, other carers of young children, and various lobby groups to secure the best range of options and outcomes for children as they grow and develop.
- ECTARC | ECTARC provides training and professional development programs. It also has a early childhood library at its Wollongong office that can be accessed by students and the general public.
- Lady Gowrie Centre of NSW
- Community Connections Solutions Australia | Community Connections Solutions Australia is a non-profit, non government organisation that provides information, support, training and advocacy for early childhood services across country NSW.
- Network of Community Activities | Network is the peak organisation for OSHC in NSW. Services include: consultancy for Out of School and Vacation Care Centres advice on establishing services; training staff and management; reference library and publications.
- Aboriginal Early Childhood Services Support Unit | AECSSU provides a consultancy and advisory service to Aboriginal Early Childhood Services throughout NSW.
- The Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care | The Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care, SNAICC, is the national non government peak body in Australia representing the interests of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.
- Ethnic Community Services Co-operative | ECSC provides information, resources, referrals, advocacy, consultation, training, support and assistance in the areas of children, disability and aged services in order to ensure that every Australian from non-English speaking background is provided with the opportunity to participate and receive services to their linguistic, cultural and religious needs
- Mobile Children’s Services Association of NSW Inc. | Mobile Children's Services is the peak organisation that represents mobile children's services. Mobile services provide flexible, responsive and innovative services to children and families experiencing social, geographical, cultural or economic isolation.
- NSW Family Day Care Association | The NSW Family Day Care Association is the peak body for the 104 schemes operating throughout the state. The Association's mission is to "successfully support its members in providing quality education and care by providing resources and advocacy, and achieving excellence in the dissemination of information".
- The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) | ACECQA is an independent statutory authority responsible for guiding the implementation of the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care at the national level and for ensuring consistency in its delivery.
- Semann and Slattery | Early childhood training consultants.
- NSW/ACT Independent Education Union | The NSW/ACT Independent Education Union is the union for teachers and teacher directors who are working in community based or private child care centres in NSW - long day care, preschools and early intervention services with the exception of those centres which are run directly by local government.
- LHMU: The Childcare Union | The LHMU represents childcare workers who are not teachers.
- NSW Industrial Relations | Department of Industrial Relations.
- Australian Government Department of Education and Training | The Australian Government's Childcare Program is administered by the Federal Department of Education and Training.
- NSW Department of Education and Communities
- NSW Government Entry Point
- Federal Government Entry Point
- Australian Tax Office
- Keep Them Safe